Hello lovelies, finally it’s strawberry time again! I hope you’re in the midst of enjoying it. If not, then I have the right recipe for you today: vegan strawberry-coconut ice chocolates. The recipe is based on the strawberry chocolate bars that I really liked in the past (especially straight from the fridge). In my version I used fresh strawberries and coconut milk for the soft ice cream. Covered with a layer of dark chocolate this delicious summer snack is ready!
Here is the recipe for vegan strawberry-coconut ice chocolates:
Vegan strawberry-coconut ice chocolates
- 1 Dose (400 ml/13.5 oz.) coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil melted
- 3 Tbsp cashewbutter
- 1/2 Tsp ground vanilla or vanilla extract
- 5 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tsp guar gum or xanthan optional
- 200 g (7 oz.) strawberries
- some lemon juice
- 1 Tsp maple syrup optional
- 150 g(5.3 oz.) dark chocolate
- coconut flakes
- Add coconut milk, melted coconut oil, cashew paste, vanilla, maple syrup and guar gum (or an alternative binder) to the mixer and mix well
- Mash the strawberries with a fork, add some lemon juice and, if required, sweeten with maple syrup
- Put the coconut mixture into a mold, add some mashed strawberries on top and mix a little – place in the freezer and let it get solid
- Melt the chocolate on the next day and dip the chocolates into it and sprinkle the coconut flakes on top immediately
- Let the chocolate cover dry and enjoy the ice chocolates right away or freeze them in a resealable box
The ice chocolates are really refreshing and crunchy with a chocolate layer. Needless to say the kids love them very much. If you don't have a suitable mold, you can e.g. also prepare them in ice cube trays, or even as popsicles, of course there will be fewer.
I can also imagine the ice chocolates with other fruits. Try raspberries, blueberries or apricots - you have to mix them a bit or cook a compote.
Have you picked strawberries this season? We love going to the strawberry field, an absolute childhood highlights of mine. Filling your belly with sun-kissed strawberries, a few also made it into the basket and were turned into cake, dessert or jam. The season is really not long, so you should take advantage of it. The strawberries will not taste this good for a long time now! You can find more strawberry recipes here on the blog.
If you have Pinterest, you can find me here and you can pin this picture if you like: