Hello Lovelies, today comes another recipe for you with one of my favorite ingredients of spring/summer: Vegan rhubarb yogurt cake. You just have to love rhubarb, don't you think? A vegetable that can be used wonderfully in sweet dishes. Probably even very few people know that rhubarb is actually a vegetable - well played rhubarb, well played !! :-).
But now back to the cake, the rhubarb fits very well in a simple sponge cake like this with yoghurt. I also added a little white chocolate to the dough, inspired by this and this recipe (which are not vegan), because it fits perfectly with the acidity of the rhubarb. And since the day I baked the cake that the lilac bloomed so beautifully, I couldn't resist and used it for the decoration (but didn't eat it!).
And here is the recipe for vegan rhubarb yoghurt cake:
Vegan rhubarb yogurt cake
- Baking oven
- 200 gr plant based joghurt e.g. coconut/soy
- 100 ml sparkling water
- juice and zest of 1 organic lemon
- 80 gr sugar e.g. xylitol
- 100 gr vegan butter melted
- 300 gr spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 50 gr vegan white chocolate
- 120 gr rhubarb
- 1 Tbsp flour
- Mix the yogurt, water, lemon, sugar and melted butter in a bowl
- Sift the flour into a bowl, add the baking soda and baking powder
- Add to the yoghurt / butter mixture and mix in, do not stir too much so that it stays nice and airy. Finally stir in the apple cider vinegar.
- Cutting the rhubarb into pieces, peeling is not necessary. Mix with 1 tablespoon of flour.
- Roughly chop the chocolate and carefully fold it under the dough with the rhubarb
- Grease and flour a baking tin (25 cm), fill in the dough
- Heat the oven to 180 ° and bake the cake for about 40-46 minutes (make a chopstick test)
The cake turned out really fluffy and almost melts in your mouth. The kids loved it too, although rhubarb isn't their favorite - maybe I mentioned that with the vegetables, I have to ask them!
And have you already discovered the many other rhubarb recipes here on the blog? Fortunately, the season is still a while and there is still enough time to test the recipes or you just make the cake with strawberries. I especially love crumble with rhubarb. My highlight of this season was definitely the rhubarb gin and tonic that we made last weekend, I posted the recipe on Instagram. It will definitely come back, of course you can also do it without alcohol.
If you have Pinterest, you can find me here and pin this picture:
This post is also available in: deutsch