Hello lovelies, today I have a great new recipe for you: creamy lentil orange soup! A warming, healthy soup for the cold winter days. As every year, I decided to add more legumes to our menu. These are not only incredibly healthy, they are also an important supplier of protein in the vegan diet. We really eat a lot of chickpeas and I love lentils, but my family sometimes needs a little push in the right direction to enjoy them.
And that's where this delicious creamy lentil orange soup comes into play. The lentils are pureed and together with carrots and orange they give a very wonderful aroma. Luckily my family rarely says no to a creamy soup. The soup is also made quickly and with its bright color it also conjures up a little sun in a gray day!
And now here is the recipe for creamy lentil orange soup:
Vegan lentil orange soup
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 150 gr (1 ¼ cups) red lentils
- 200 gr (7 oz.) carrots
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp curry
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 liter (4 cups) vegetable broth (probably a little more)
- 1 tsp salt
- Juice of 1 orange
- Some vegan cream
- Salt & pepper to season
- 30 gr (1/4 cup) sunflower seeds
- Finely chop onions and garlic
- Sauté in olive oil
- Wash the lentils, peel the carrots and chop them
- Add both to the pan
- Add the spices and roast everything for 3-4 minutes
- Deglaze with vegetable broth, add salt and orange juice
- Let simmer with a closed lid for approx. 20-30 minutes until the veggies are soft
- Puree the soup. I fit turns out to thick, add some more vegetable broth
- Add some vegan cream if you like and season with salt, pepper and orange juice
- Roast the sunflower seeds in a pan without any oil
- Serve the soup with some olive oil, the sunflower seeds, dried edible flowers and fresh cress
The soup is particularly delicious with the toppings, I think you already know how much I love my soup toppings. The lentil-orange soup goes perfectly with roasted sunflower seeds, dried flowers and fresh cress. Of course you can also add bread croutons or kale chips.
The soup is so creamy and delicious, just the right soul food for the gray January and February days and so nice and warm. I'm curious whether you and your loved ones will like the soup and if you are looking for other lentil recipes, then be sure to drop by here, there is already a lot on the blog.
Have a lovely day!
If you have Pinterest, you can find me here and you can pin one of these pictures if you like:
This post is also available in: deutsch